Life has a funny way of telling you it loves you, because up until then my brother and I weren't getting along. Seeing my thirteen year old brother so broken up about his rooster just softened something in my stinking eighteen year old heart and I hugged him. I don't really hug my brother. I don't know why..I just don't.
Sometimes it's silly the things that snap you back to reality and you realize how much you love things and the things that love you. I experienced some really hard blows in life and maybe someday I'll divulge them but for now, I'll leave them unwritten. These things we experience now make us stronger. No matter how much they hurt, I'm not talking about Jake anymore, I'm talking about everything. You'll lose love, you'll lose people, chances and that's just some among others but you always get something out of it. A lesson learned.
You know this can't be all about a chicken, it also is about family. I've lost family, really close family and after that sort of thing it's really hard not to stay angry. It's really hard not to dwell on the should of been s and the coulda been s and this is in any situation. After such a strong storm within you it's so nice to feel the calm after, the peace that just sinks in and feeling all that clarity.
I'm feeling that clarity now. They're some pretty hard lenses to look out of, hurts my eyes. I'm stronger though, that clarity will build you up. And the measures you take to build yourself will prepare you with a stronger foundation. Keep praying and keep dreaming. Then maybe someday, someday soon you can go fishing in a puddle with your friends or family. You learn to move on and live day by day feeling and seeing beautiful things that you just oughta capture. If I can be silly and happy today after my many obstacles I believe you too, my little brother, friend, reader, whoever...can too.
LOVE LOVE LOVE
SSD
*in memory of Jake, little brother's best friend, may your wings learn to fly in heaven little buddy*
0 comments:
Post a Comment