I have wonderful friends in fact they are the most beautiful examples of friendship I have ever known on my eighteen years on this earth. My two very best friends in this world are Brianne and Jenette. We've shared many memories together like the time I peed on the playground (i was sixteen) and the time we almost got run over at the beginning of this year. It surprises me constantly that throughout all of that they would still stick around with me.
Yesterday, we all happened to be having not so good rotten days...severely rotten. So, to solve this severely rotten no good of a day we found a kite. I set up our dinky little bumble bee kite and went outside to try to fly it and the first thirty attempts were a flop. The wind just wasn't strong enough and we weren't in the right place...it just wasn't working out. My friends suggested that I run with the kite but I ended up just dragging it. The kite reminded me of myself. My poor little weathered one dollar two year old plastic bumble bee kite. Things just weren't going right for it somethings just happened to be off like the direction of the wind. There was a reason it just wasn't flying. Then I handed the kite to Brianne to try and fly and once again it just wouldn't fly and Brianne being a determined girl was running racing laps around her yard trying to get it to go. It was a real sight, it was Brianne in a cute weaved top and soffees, barefoot screaming at the kite to fly. It was just plain funny.
Jenette then decided to take the kite atop the swing sets connected slide, which is about six feet up from the ground. There Bumble Bee caught a wind current and he flew. It was a beautiful sight seeing our little dinky kite flying around with the gulls. All it took for this kite was a change of circumstances, a minor change in height and altitude. Sometimes the only place to go for upliftment is up. The altitude will determine our attitude. Then eventually you can fly on your own, without any help from the ground.
C'mon let's be kites.
fLY.
0 comments:
Post a Comment