for Phoebe Denetsosie and all the other Mothers out there! :)
In a sweat stained gown, panting, you gave birth to me.
There was I, a timid cry, blurred in your life's chaos.
I chose you. You chose me back.
Mother I...mother I... I love you.
Swirls of you are found in me.
From the richest darkest browns to your favorite deep maroon.
Never did I think that I couldn't possibly love you.
Dim red digits marked it 3am, when you yelled at me.
Mother I... mother I...I thought I hated you.
But I was more worried you hated me.
Tearful embraces, fervent apologies were plead so you and I
could be in harmony.
Beside my grandmother you stood, between your sisters....
All of them a little of her, you, and me.
Broad high cheekbones and a proud mother's stance.
I didn't think I was pretty until I truly saw you.
Mother, I love you.
You inspire each and every line.
If I could capture your strength, resilience, and glory...
what a poet I would be.
Mother I love you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment