This week has been anything but ordinary. I found myself in a life or death situation, contemplating the things I want to do with my future and if the path I am on is even the right one. No, I'm not trying to be Pocahontas in her canoe trying to figure out if she should take the smoothest course...more in the way where I don't know what I want. So imagine, you're in a canoe, you have your ore but you have no idea where to go you are already so far down stream that you cannot go back up but not ready to go down because you haven't made your decision yet. I've wanted to be a writer since I was thirteen and now I don't feel as if that is the right course for me. I don't know my talent in anything else though. My mind is boggled and I'm so conflicted, haha. Dramatic.
On with that pointless spiel, the day I almost died consisted of my and three of my closest friends going to the DI ( a second hand store) to purchase ugly dresses for a party we were to set up. While deciding what dresses to wear we went in and found some dresses that were very very very ugly. On our way back to take the rejects back to their rightful places on the racks, I found a great dress. It was a white eyelet lace number with a blue sash, very pioneerish. My friend Brianne had headed over to the far racks and I wanted her to try on the dress. So she proceeded to go around all the racks of clothing to head over to me to see the dress. Upon viewing the dress she said " That's Awesome" that's when I was shoved into a clothes rack, the woman who shoved me barreled past me her eyes wild and angry. For a minute we were just all shocked. The dress was still clutched in my hands as I worked myself out of the clothing rack. Once up and properly organized I was still in shock, I could feel the tears pricking my eyes because it was just so rude.
My friends calmed me down and we went back to looking at dresses. Meanwhile, the woman came back, with her cart infront of her she looked down and the bowls within the cart and grabbed them. I looked at her slightly confused as she held the bowls, eyes darting to the ground. CRASH. She threw a bowl. CRASH. And another bowl. Shattering ceramic shards explode across the ground and somehow throughout the commotion I flee the scene. I don't remember fleeing the scene. My friends and I find ourselves outside in the clearing between the couches and dresses, the people viewing the scene looked just as shocked, yet amused as us.
Immediately we decide we must leave for our own safety. So we do. We walk over to the register purchase a six dollar dress and head out the doors. While crossing the street we notice round head lights coming directly towards us. We expect the car to slow down but instead it speeds up, in flight mode we run between two parked cars. And the woman being as sick and twisted as she is swerves to keep trying to hit us.
TO BE CONTINUED...
0 comments:
Post a Comment