Monday, September 17, 2012

Fatal Academic Distractions

I stare at a blank screen willing words to come out of me. It's not exactly working so instead I decided to indulge in one of my favorite college past times, a wonderful idea that I developed last year. A steaming cup of noodles/ OR/ a microwave cake and one of my favorite shows playing in the background. The chosen show this time is Castle's season finale. 

 I have one of many options now..
  • Write my English paper that is due tomorrow and feel completely at ease
  • Watch Castle and plunge my fork back into that noodely goodness
  • Write back a Dear Missionary friend
  • Or waste my life on my Blog, Pintrest, or Facebook 
 Chances are that I will choose the last one and stare at the rest of my English paper until I come home from my Home Evening Activity. Sure, I would love to delve into the confides of my mind and find life-changing events that have shaped me into who I am today.  Then again I could also just sit and eat my cup of noodles and indulge in my fatal academic distraction of procrastination. 


Either way, let me give you some choice advise. Do your homework, on time. Sit in a quiet room and think, ask questions on why this changed you. Brain storm! Word Vomit! Just WRITE because it is beautiful and will get you somewhere. Either way, I still have a couple more paragraphs to write so I'm not exactly too behind. Sometimes though you gotta let creativity strike you, not you strike it. 


Avoid Fatal Academic Distractions. Be alone AND STUDY. Ponder ponder ponder!

love*love*love
~Stacie Shannon Denetsosie

0 comments:

Post a Comment