Just Let Me Sleep
Wishes for better days find me in this hazy lagoon
Faint trickles of reality burst into my sweet slumber
Streaked with stretched veins the world becomes my view
A lingering sense of satisfaction touches my achy head
In a dream where beauty touched every figment
It's hard to wake up to test the day against the night
When all I want is the stretch of sleep
Honestly I tend to get stuck on the past, if the past was a giant door I would be stuck on the coat hanger at the top of the door trying to reach for the other door which is the present, as I occasionally peeked out the doorway of the future. Mostly the imaginary coat rack has me stuck on regrets those what if's, shouldas, could haves. I'm hung up. I search for reasons not to move on and to live my life. Which is sort of silly but comforting at the same time. I know what happened in the past I can read the signs better now and now that it's passed I'm just dumbfounded waiting in my train of thought station for the present.
The present isn't always pretty though and the future can be dolled up and appear beautiful, the past is just as it is maybe more dramatic for me than it really is but nonetheless still appears nice.
Sorry, Readers. I didn't mean to make this so journal entry like.
The thing is we don't see the grand scheme of things we only see one thing as we are presently going through them. The past is for reflection: on how to better a situation or change it if we are ever presented with a similar situation.
Heavenly Father sees it all. He sees all of it and when you pray to him he knows you personally. He will help you personally. No two testimonies are the same. I know that he can help you with the past and what you are hung up on. He works on his own time table though you won't get the answer right away or when you expect it.
We need to have patience to know just about anyone, especially to know your Heavenly Father. And although patience tends to be a tough crowd for me I know that in the end every thing will be alright. On my own personal journal it says " Everything you are learning now is preparing you for something else." I honestly believe that. If you ever have a sour day or things in your life just aren't going your way- which I feel like right now. Just LIVE. Make a bucket list. Write it down get it all done and feel that todayness- rather than dwelling on all those dusty memories that seemed better in hindsight.
Fortune cookie time: Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Prepare for tomorrow.
0 comments:
Post a Comment