Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cover Up.

Yesterday I decided to watch some of the YouTubers I watch quite often. One of them was a make-up guru who did tutorials and gave fashion advice. Usually I'm so excited about what she is going to share, because you know she's really fashionable and pretty like all the time- you know something I would like to be more like. In essence I want to be a person who cares about her appearance rather than just running out the door in my pajama shirt and jeans. 
I clicked on a video that showed her going through her her makeup and jewelry collection...and suddenly got very overwhelmed. Everything she had just made me feel like I had nothing. She had gotten her jewelry from really expensive places and had designer makeup-Chanel, nars, and other fancy designer places. It made me feel really inadequate, like I didn't have enough products to make me beautiful. It felt like I couldn't attain the beauty she had because I didn't have these things to make me appear so. 
I got really frustrated by all of it.
I all of a sudden didn't feel pretty and felt like I had to get some concealer for the bags under my eyes and a brow pencil to make my brows look fuller and darker. I created a list of everything that was wrong with me and the products that could correct it, they were all in my head just mocking me. I didn't have foundation, I've never put a drop of it on my face and I didn't know my color. I found myself unceremoniously clueless on how to attain beauty.
Then something crossed my mind. I didn't need concealer, I had nothing to hide on my face. I didn't have any break outs or major skin imperfections. I didn't need to diminish my true beauty because I had nothing to hide.
Today the modern world has created things that we need to "hide", our little imperfections are no longer what makes us beautiful. The things that make us individuals are nearly taken away from us on every plane. We have ads constantly telling us to take this, use this, buy this and you will become beautiful.
But HONESTLY these aren't the ways to attain beauty. We are born beings created by our Heavenly Father we are already born beautiful in his eyes. We are all born beautiful creatures of god...then this becomes hard to accept when someone is telling you are not adequately equipped to just be naturally beautiful
I'm not saying don't ever wear make up, what I'm saying is to be able to see beauty after you wipe it all off. After all the goop and paint is off your eyes and it's just you. We are beautiful in our imperfections. It's fun to get ready as much as the next girl just next time you take off all your make up know you are just as pretty as you are when you have it on. It's not the make up that makes you you. It's you who makes the make up what it is.
Love your Reflection. You are lovely. Oh and remember- Real beauty doesn't need to be maintained physically and it never ages or fades.
love*love*love*
Stacie D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment