I have problems with my identity...I guess everyone does. I feel like mine goes much deeper though. I know that the Lord has everything happen for a reason but sometimes I get upset of why he put me in the situation I'm in now. Then comes the knowledge that in the pre-mortal life I had chosen this, I had accepted all the challenges that were set before me. I was willing enough to endure the trails I was to face to get back to him. You see I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I truly believe that this church was set up for us to return to our Heavenly Father.
Now, I bet you are wondering what oh so difficult things I've had to deal with. I don't know if I can tell you all yet but it's pretty big to me.
In this life we have choices..choices we have make and trials to face. We only pray that we will have the strength to get through the storm.
Yesterday, the young single adults in our ward were given a little fire side by our bishopric. We were told a story about a man who everyday made a choice to be positive and happy and helped everyone else to do so. Then one day he was held at gun point, and as he was opening the cash register at his work he fumbled and dropped the keys. The burglars panicked and shot him. Luckily short after people found him and he was rushed to the hospital there everyone was looking at him like a dead man. While being asked a question by a loud nurse about what he was allergic to he said he was allergic to bullets. The frantic medics just laughed by this mans attitude. He then told them to work on him as if he was a living patient who was going to make it through then a futile effort to work on a dying patient.
With much success they were able to revive the man and get him back on his feet. Later the narrator came to visit the man and asked him how he was doing. He said If I was any better I'd be dead...wanna see my scars?
The narrator laughed and learned a valuable lesson from this optimistic man. This man had chosen his fate based on what he chose to invite into him. He invited optimism and good outcomes rather than inviting something that could potentially pull him down.
I have a choice to invite these feelings of sadness pull me down or I could chose upliftment from my life my family and my church. I chose the latter. I love what I have and everything comes only with an invitation. You invite things into your head to uplift you, bring you down- now I'm not saying you invite bad luck to yourself but you choose to live in what you invite. Be aware you always have a choice to send and invitation or turn one away.
Okay, now I'm going to relate this to sweaters. It's become bit of a theme and inside joke based actually. You have a choice to be optimistic about your sweater but also remember to invite the sweater. Be open to the thought of a new thing a new opportunity. Things come when you ask and invite them to yourself just be sure that it fits first. I invite you to make your own choices.
Be friendly.
Be loving.
Be YOU.
love*love*love*
Stacie D.
You'll get there eventually too!
0 comments:
Post a Comment