This is how I feel about boys/ men / guys- whatever the heck they want to be called. Okay, I know guys aren't cute sweaters or a material object but you know it's the same concept. It's complicated, all of it is! It's quite exasperating really. So, in essence what I've been doing is saving up my money to buy a really good sweater who if it's cozy enough I may marry in the temple.
I just don't want to end up like those girls who buy a sweater take it home try it on, figure out they don't like it, return it then start all over again. A used sweater gets frayed and ruined going to all kinds of homes again and then one day they just end up in the thrift store all ratty torn up. I don't want to be one of these girls because they break hearts recklessly. It seems like an awful situation an impatient girl who is sick and tired of trying on sweaters and a poor heart broken guy who's been around the block a few more times than he should of. Too much damaged goods. You can just see the endless racks of sweaters in the clothes aisle a lot of them missing buttons with ruined zippers/ drawstrings. I want to find a sweater without being one of these girls who goes through sweaters like they are nothing.
Possible outcomes: The good :)
- Best scenario the sweater finds a home with a stylish girl who loves it patches up the holes and wears it again.
- Good- smells good and fits
- Was everything you were expecting
- Fits your entire family
- Worst scenario...you become the ripped sweater.
- Shoppers remorse ( it looked better in the store)
- Label is wrong ( extra things you weren't expecting like say...issues)
- You thought it was wool but its actually steel wool ( mean and nasty- not for anyone)
- The sweater was 50 dollars more than you expected then rips the next day.
WARNING: Please, readers/ sisters/ anyone. Don't waste all yourself on a terrible sweater. This will only lead to heart break. Make sure you read the label, see the red flags. Ask yourself is this sweater worth my time? Could this sweater take me to where I want to go? Don't force fit a sweater and say it will stretch out some only do this depending on the fabric. You can't always fix a sweater, in fact some sweaters may not even want to be fixed. Don't settle...just don't. Get your money and times worth for it. Don't get desperate- desperation leads to bad purchases. When in doubt pray about it, ponder and read your scriptures. If you already have a sweater and it's not good for you, please within your power do something about it. Tell someone. GET RID OF IT.
Even if you do find a sweater that didn't exactly fit you and you put it back on the hanger and let someone else have it, I hope you know there is another sweater that will fit you better in fact- Heavenly Father designed it for you. You are beautiful and worth it.
Know there is a whole STOREFULL of sweaters!!
Don't be afraid to let go of old sweaters it may be good for you.
Old sweaters that were "okay"- even though they may itch a little- have given you experience...preparing you along the way for many other things..better things. The things that are in store will be worthwhile for you!
-The SWEATER COMMITTEE
( I will add to this someday...)
I had this sweater situation. I saw something I liked and I'm wondering if the sweater is my size within my budget and worth the trouble. I can't say exactly what this sweater looked like but let me say, it was a very nice sweater. My question is, how do I get the sweater? What if this sweater would fit much better on other girls? Would I even like the sweater still after I bought it and saw the care label?
All I can do is look in my closet ( very empty closet in this case) and try and see what fit me best and what I liked most. Eugh, but looking into my closet I find some really yucky stuff. As I sift through those I hope to find an extra hanger for this new sweater. Wish me luck on this endeavor for the best sweater. Oh and if you are looking too, I wish you luck for your endeavor for the best sweater!
*love* love* love*
~Stacie D.
You'll get there eventually too!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete