Monday, May 19, 2014

Child's Play


You make me feel like I'm running in light up sneakers in the sand.
Long gone is the squalor and rejection, we're just pure laughter and love.
Loose laces and missing teeth, chase me around the playground,
as if I'm your new found crush-if only for a week.

Growing up is not an option with you-so we grow young.
We're Benjamin Buttons defying time. 
Who needs a watch, when you are mine?
So we hold hands and sing little kid chants because
daises and play only make sense.

Before smartphones vibrated stealing the day.
We played keep away. 
Long before Facebook, we connected by play.

Because I feel little when I'm with you.
Rusted chains and empty barns are venues for adventure.
Slinking caterpillars are captured. Put into jars.
They turn into butterflies before our very eyes.

Everything but time touches us, 
we play to have wings.
Sew kites, parachutes, and patches for knees. 

We get married by the rhythm of swings.
Defining gravity with leaps from mid-air...
Making our home in the trees among the branches,
twigs, and leaves.

Darling, together, let's be kids.


0 comments:

Post a Comment