Sunday Morning Session
Microphones suspended in air above the choir.
Held by thin wires, stretched tight.
A sea of blue and black stood beside each other,
a unified school of fish.
An ocean and a choir aren't too far apart,
each created by God's hand.
Their voices stir my soul.
Delight the throng.
The organ sung beside them, artful fingers seemingly clad with gold.
Glorious sounds come pouring out of mouths,
A shower of wholeness.
In a sea for One.
This last quote, wasn't made by me, but I loved it nonetheless. Lately, I love rock climbing analogies, because I climbing analogies are the best...so sometimes I think of life as a rock climbing wall. I like my walls to be easy and quick and I love the satisfaction of slapping the bar at the top when I'm done. It signifies to me that I have succeeded...and even further sometimes I like to pretend that it's the best thing I will ever do...so it's good to end on it....which means... I don't have to worry about being better because I was really good on that wall and I finished it. The thing is that life can't be like that though. That's not how the gospel works. That's not how my hobbies work.
It's the progression that is worth it.
It's easy to be caught up in an ending, because it's easy.
But that's not what we are sent on earth to do.
We are sent to progress.
A lot of the time I have the tendency to just want to be done with things. To slap a bar and be done, then forget about getting better because I'm tired. I forget that progression no matter how hard is worth it. I'm thankful that my progression is eternal and although it would be easy to just have an end all goal, it wouldn't be worth it in the end. In the end I just wouldn't be satisfied with my accomplishments to end all accomplishments. There would never be one thing worth being done for. We weren't made for endings, we are eternal souls. Which is AMAZING! So, yeah, chalk up your hands and climb for the long haul-because I promise it'll be worth it.
That's just my Conference thoughts...hope you liked them.
-Stacie D.




0 comments:
Post a Comment