Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Missionary Rap



Hey returned missionary,
 Dishing the sacrament as a worthy disciple,  I can see you’ve got your hands full.
I can understand that I can get the facts.  You just got back. You’re a little out of sync maybe this ain’t your scene just yet, I could probably bet. But nevertheless I’ll begin….
When I see you I get a little breathless
Some say I get a little more than reckless
I think its cuz’ you’ve got everything on my checklist
I’ve been dreaming about someone like you since I was a beehive
But now I can actually understand Nephi
I noticed we just had a moment, capture it and hold it-kodak
Check out our ward bulletin it’s no coincidence you’re in all the pictures but one
You’re looking at me now like you don’t know what hit cha’
I’m not playing in the little leagues anymore I’m planning on being the champion.  
My rhyme may be a silly, nevertheless it’s what I’m feelin’ what I’m expressing is more than pressing
Am I impressin yet? I am confessing the simplicities of these minor brain glitches that’ve got me racing to keep pace with ya up to missionary prep.
You have me erasing more than I underline, you’ve got me shakin by the spirit you’ve invited into this lesson of mine Op, looks like we have a linger longer another reason to make this rap a little longer.
I never thought I’d meet anyone in this line but you’ve got me reciting scriptures during my free time.
RM, find some time in your busy day to have a reason to come my way. Gather up your courage and look through the ward directory you’ll find a nice picture of me, my number is below…oh come on boy I don’t think you need a billboard I’m already in your ward!
You’ve gone and served so this fine rhyme is to commemorate all the time you’ve gone and located. To spread the word of the gospel, even though some of the people were less than hospitable.  I won’t play the fool you are the coolest of cool.  Thanks for serving you definitely are deserving.
Come on take a leap of faith
Pack up your scriptures boy…cuz I think you’ve got a date
WORD.

1 comments: