Missing people is tough. It's one of the hardest thing we will do in this life. It's that constant ache of remembering what used to be- by itself it's stifling hard and easy to get lost in. I remember the night before my friend Kyle was to leave for his mission. I started crying because I realized that was the last night that I would get to hang out with him for the next two years. I apologized later in a text for crying and for not knowing why I was crying. Then Kyle said something really unexpected, "It's okay Stacie, it just means you care about me."
I started bawling because it was true. We feel this grief when we love people so much that we can't even imagine them leaving us.
I miss a lot of people, my friend Kyle, my uncles Jones and Jr, my grandmother, my family in Arizona. I experience this emotion daily. The grief of being separated from those we love either by mortality or just space of time. Now imagine, how much our Heavenly Father misses us and how much he wants us to return to him. And how he does everything in his power to help us return to him. He paves a path for us to come back to him. The thing is though, is that we need to strengthen our relationship with our Father and pray to him because communication is a key part of curing the missing of someone.
When we miss someone and we have the power create a communication path with we shouldn't be missing them in the first place. We should write them, call them, visit them. Just because we can't physically be with them at that moment we should never underestimate any form of communication we were blessed with. And with communication with the Lord and with his strength and his Son's atonement all the pain we feel and grief of missing those no longer on this earth can be eased. He can help me fill the gap between my passed on Uncles and Grandmother. He can cure any pain or affliction of ours if we have faith.
Our future is as bright as our faith.
He loves us. Return to him.
I say these things because I honestly believe this is true.
love*love*love*
-Stacie D.
0 comments:
Post a Comment