Do you ever have those moments where you sit back and think...whoa what? I just had a meeting with my academic adviser. I watched her figure out my life in 2 seconds flat. Right before my eyes she had my academic life planned for the next 5 semesters. I felt panic seep into my bones. The schedule looked overwhelming, frustrating, and complicated. I began reconsidering my major. Is Creative Writing what I should be going into? Can I do that? Could I seriously make it in this competitive world we live in? I began doubting my talents and abilities.
These are the growing pains of my life. Ever since I started going to college, attending the singles ward, and basically figuring out life on my own. I've felt uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not uncomfortable every single day. Collectively though, the past two years have been extremely hard. I feel like my life is in this limbo state where I just want to wake up and be like "HEY I'M DONE PLAYING INCEPTION!" Unrealistically, I just want to wake up to a perfect reality. I want to wake up to a point in my life where I will be content. Whether that be when Brianne comes home from her mission or when I'm married with little children of my own.
That's when my perfect little reality is shattered. I'll still have challenges then. I'll still have my own trials. I will still struggle with things, meaning things won't be completely solved. The "problems" I am dealing with now may seem like blinks in time to me in the future. Right now, Brianne, my best friend/ confidant, has been in Toronto Canada serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. http://mormon.org/ Those two months have made me grow exponentially! I have molded into my own person. I'm learning to make new friends, seize opportunities, and learn to be on my own. I have connected with people I would have never thought I would connect with.
The Lord has your life schedule and you know you gotta be patient with it because he's been patient with you. Have faith and put it in his hands and he will never lead you astray. And in moments of darkness and doubt know that those feelings are not his influence but the adversary's. We are not made to be perfect but we are perfected within him. He will be the best adviser on your life, he knows the ins and outs of this system. He knows your potential and your value as a son or daughter of god.
I'm experiencing growing pains. Seriously
though, who ever learned anything worth while comfortably? I am thankful
for my challenges, it's my opportunity to learn and to grow.
Thankfully, I won't be doing this alone. I have the most patient tutor
in the history of the world. I am blessed to be his student. He knows my
circumstances and will never turn a blind eye. I have no reason to be
afraid.
-Stacie D.
You Sure Are Neat!
Good luck Growing! You are not alone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment